Orthopaedic and traumatology surgeon – spinal surgeon
Specific professional orientation:
- Spinal surgery (neck, chest and lumbar)
- Spinal disorders
- Treatment of pediatric spinal deformities (scoliosis)
- Faculty of Medicine in Ljubljana, 1996.
- During his studies in 1993, he received the Prešeren Award for scientific research work.
- Specialization in orthopedics (hip prosthesis) in 1997, Master’s degree in 2000, PhD in 2006.
- Specialty exam in orthopedics in 2003.
- Clinical Center Ljubljana – Orthopedic Clinic 1997 – 2003
- Orthopedic Clinic Ljubljana – Department of Spine Surgery 2003-2018
- MD Ljubljana, – Professional Director – 2018
Dr. Robert Košak performs the operations of the whole spine, (neck, chest and lumbar spine) and deals with the pathology of the whole spine. The severity of deformity of the spine is performed as the only spinal surgeon in Slovenia. He has brought new methods from the field of treatment of scoliosis from abroad, which he is the only one to perform in Slovenia today. Dr Košak introduced the frontal approach to the treatment of scoliosis and the Growing rod system MAGEC in the treatment of the scoliosis of the youngest children. He held numerous lectures. More of his works have been published. (http://www.cobiss.si/raziskovalci.htm).
Ask our expert: Dr Robert Košak