If muscles that hold bladder in place (Pubococcygeus muscle) or muscles that hold bladder closed (sphincters) do not function properly, it is possible that those muscles can not hold pressure on bladder, like coughing, sneezing or laughing.
When sudden pressure is put on bladder, urine can “escape” through weakened muscles, and then we have urinary incontinence.
Problem of urinary incontinence presents loss of bladder control. Muscles and tissues are weakened due to age, pregnancy, vaginal delivery, obesity, diabetes, hormonal therapy, hysterescopy, physical activity, smoking, diet, other health issues or genetic influence.
SYMPTOMS OF URINARY INCONTINENCE: DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR?
- Occasional loss of urine from weak (just a few drops) or medium to serious (wet underwear) to serious (wet clothing)
- Leakage of urine when coughing, sneezing, loughing, bending, weightlifting and /or physical activity that influence bladder
- Loss of urine when changing position-from lying or sitting position in a standing position
- Often, sudden need for toilet and inability to reach it in time
- Awakening during night for toilet
- Continuous leakage of urine
SPECIAL OFFERING FOR LADIES-PACKAGE AT A GOOD PRICE
In Atlas General Hospital, at one place, without waiting, you can do:
– Cystoscopy with stress test
– Establishing of diagnosis and treatment
Examination that will do our urologist, Dr Dejan Kojić and Dr Svetomir Dragićević and the patients can call our number 011/ 7858888 or can write at email@example.com , and price is 15 000 din.
If You have insurance that in our list – (You can look at the list of insurance companies)because there are probability that costs of the treatment can be covered by the insurance companies according to Your policy!
Types of incontinence:
- Stress incontinence – Leakage of urine during physical activity like lauging, weight lifting, physical acitivity, sneezing and coughing
- Urgent incontinence – Experiencing a sudden and intense need for urination – even if you have just urged it immediately – the inability to hold urine long enough to reach the toilet
- Mixed incontinence – Combination of stress incontinence and urgent incontinence
- Overflown incontinence – Leakage of urine because bladder is never completely empty
- Functional incontinence – Physical or mental illness that prevents You to reach toilet in time
LIFE WITH INCONTINENCE – IS IT REALLY LIFE?
There are various reasons why women do not search help for incontinence, including:
- They believe that their symptoms are normal part of aging
- They do not know that incontinence can be cured
- They are ashamed to speak about it
SPEAK WITH THE SPECIALIST OF ATLAS GENERAL HOSPITAL
Less then 50 % of women with incontinence have spoken about the doctor about it. Are You one of them?
No matter what reasons are that made your symptoms active, -You don’t have to live with it. As soon as possible You should talk with the specialist about it -which options You have for the treatment. For women who decided to search for the solution for their urinary incontinence, options are dramatically changed over time.
SOLUTION FOR PROBLEM OF URINARY INCONTINENCE
Today more women choose minimaly invasive surgery treatments. These procedures can include less pain and shorter period of recovery. Procedure of implantation of urethral sling-slings for urethral support, soft and flexible mesh offer support to urethra like mesh deck, enabling additional support and help in bringing back urethra in it’s anatomical position.
Mesh for the treatment of urinary incontinence are in use since 1968, and are used in several million of patients all over the world. Implantation of mesh is minimally invasive procedure, with shorter period of recovery and can be performed on basis of daily surgery. In most of the cases, women can perform daily actvities U većini slučajeva, žene se mogu vratiti uobičajenim, nenapornim aktivnostima – uključujući povratak na posao – u roku od nekoliko dana, a imajući u vidu da su rezovi veoma mali, proces zarastanja je izuzetno brz.