Internal medicine department at Atlas General Hospital focuses on prevention and treatment of diseases of internal organs.
Internist examination includes:
- case history, a detailed conversation with a patient about his health condition
- clinical examination
- blood pressure measurement
- defining and correcting risk factors for coronary and malignant diseases
- establishing diagnosis and prescribing therapy
- suggestion of possible additional examination or analysis
- besides specialist and sub specialist examinations, numerous diagnostic procedures necessary for establishing diagnosis and prescribing adequate therapy are carried out:
- complete lab analysis
- a wide range of ultrasound examinations including Doppler ultrasonography (heart,abdomen,thyroid gland,para thyroid gland,breasts,neck blood vessels,extremities blood vessels and kidney blood vessels)
- continuous follow-up of ECG and blood pressure (holter)
- exercise stress testing
- endoscopic examinations (esophagus, stomach, duodenum)
- spirometry (functional lungs examination)
- punction of the thyroid gland nodule with cytologic diagnostics
All the above mentioned examinations are carried out with the use of most modern diagnostic devices.
The Atlas general hospital is equipped with digital radiologic and mamographic equipment which enables a wide range of radiologic examinations such as: heart and lungs teleradiography,spine and joints radiography,ventriculography,bowel transit time test, irigography,intravenous urography,hysterosalpingography,etc.
Internal medicine department includes: