Eminent team of the Atlas hospital cardiologists deals with prevention,diagnostics and treatment of arterial hypertension, ischemic heart diseases, different types of cardiomyopathy, heart valve disease, arrhythmia, congenital heart defect, etc.
Our consultants who have great experience in diagnostics and treatment of heart diseases are specialists from Military Medical Academy (VMA), Institute for cardiovascular diseases “Dedinje” and Clinical Centre of Serbia.
Cardiac examination is painless. No preparation is required and no invasive instruments are used. A stethoscope, tensiometer and ECG machine are commonly used. The examination lasts on average about 20-30 minutes, and if necessary longer.
Cardiology department provides the following examinations:
- Cardiological examination and ECG – Electrocardiogram (ECG) is a graphical record of the electrical activity of the heart. Electrocardiography is a fast, painless and non-invasive method that registers the electrical activity of the heart, and the device that makes the graphic record is called an electrocardiograph. This method can detect various heart diseases. Recording takes a few minutes and the result is available immediately.
- Heart ultrasound – Echocardiography (ultrasound examination of the heart) is a non-invasive and completely painless diagnostic method that performs an examination of the heart and large blood vessels of the heart. This examination can reveal various damages to the heart and heart muscle, if they are present. The examination takes about 30 minutes.
- Spirometry (functional lungs examination) – spirometry is a test that is very often used to examine respiratory function. Spirometry is a simple, fast and painless test that measures the volume of air that a subject can exhale from the lungs. It is used in the detection and monitoring of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other lung diseases. The test takes about 15 minutes.
- Ergometry (load test, ergometric test) is a non-invasive cardiac method which indirectly examines the condition and functional capacity of blood vessels that supply blood to the heart muscle. The test is approached only when the cardiologist, based on the conversation with you and the clinical examination, has established a suspicion of cardiovascular disease or coronary heart disease.
- Constant follow-up of ECG during 24 hour by holter – A 24-hour ECG holter is a graphical record of the electrical activity of the heart over a period of 24 hours using a device called a holter. Holter is a small, wearable device that records heart rhythm. Recording lasts one day (24 hours).
- Constant follow-up of blood pressure during 24 and 48 hours by using holter
- Preventive cardiology in persons with risk factors for heart disease and blood vessels disease in order to prolong life expectancy and improve quality of life.
If you need a complete cardiac diagnosis, treatment or intervention, you can contact and set up the Pulse Cardiology Center in the A-block.Search for additional information: Examination – Cardiology
Mr. sci. med. dr Mr. sci. med. dr Dinić DraganaCardiologist