Orthopaedic and traumatology surgeon
Special professional orientation:
- Ilizarov Method in management of trauma and orthopedic diseases of all segments of upper and lower limbs.
- Hip joint surgery in Development Displasia of the Hip, Legg-Calve-Perthes disease, cerebral palsy and others.
Orthopaedic surgery of cerebral palsy.
- Single-event multilevel orthopedic surgery at patients with cerebral palsy.
- Surgery in congenital and acquired foot deformities including clubfoot.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta.
- Congenital member deficiencies.
- Benign tumors and cysts.
- Flexible Intramedullary Nailing in trauma and diseases of upper and lower limbs.
- Internal and external surgery in pediatric trauma.
- Guided growth of members.
- Congenital and acquired deformities of upper and lower members.
- Experimental orthopaedic surgery…
- Medical Faculty, Chelyabinsk University, Chelyabinsk, Russia, 1989-1995.
- Specialisation of traumatologist-orthopaedist (exam of qualification in the Ilizarov Center), Certificate issued on March, 11, 1998.
- PhD in Medicine (Traumatology and Orthopedics), Ilizarov Center, Kurgan, Russia, defended in 1998.
- Diploma of post-graduate study issued on December 4th, 1998.
- Attestation of Specialized Profound Education (AFSA) of the Orthopedic pediatric surgery (starting from the 1st May 2000), Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy I, Faculté de Médecine, France.
- Thesis for Doctor of Medical Science (Traumatology and Orthopedics), Ilizarov Centre, Kurgan, Russia, defended in 2005.
- Inter University Dilpoma «Techniques microchirurgicales», Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy I, Faculté de Médecine, France.
- Membre correspondant étranger de l’Académie Nationale de Médecine de la France.
- Association des Orthopédistes de Langue Française (A.O.L.F.)
- Société Française d’Orthopédie Pédiatrique (S.O.F.O.P.).
Member of scientific societies:
- Foreign Correspondent-member of the National Academy of medicine of France
- Association of orthopedists of French Language (A.O.L.F.)
- French society of Pediatric Orthopedics (S.O.F.O.P.)
- Member of the European Paediatric Orthopedic Society (E.P.O.S.)
- Association for the Study and Application of the Method of Ilizarov (A.S.A.M.I.)
- President of the 14th Congress of the association of orthopedists of French language, 19 to may 23, 2014 Saint Petersburg, Russia
Ask our expert: Dr Dmitry Popkov