Orthopedic and traumatology surgeon
Specific professional orientation:
- Painful conditions of spinal column
- Intervertebral disc diseases (discus hernia)
- Degenerative diseases of lumbar region of spinal column (degenerative lumbar stenosis)
- Spondylolisthesis (vertebra slipped out of place)
- Pediatric and adult spinal deformities (scoliosis and hyperkyphosis)
- Spinal cord tumors
- Spinal fractures
- Congenital diseases (congenital anomaly and deformity)
- Cervical spine diseases
- 2008. Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade
- 2011. Specialization studies, Faculty of Medicines, Belgrade
- 2011- Academic specialist studies with thesis: „Effect of Botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of spastic deformities in patients with cerebral palsy“
- 2017. Specialization in orthopedic with traumatology
- PhD studies “Skeletal biology and orthopaedic aspects of bone fragility“ with thesis regarding neuro orthopedic and treatment of cerebral palsy.
- 2010 – The Institute for Orthopedic Surgery “Banjica”
Memberships, educations and training
- Active member of „Eurospine“ association
- Member of „Spine Experts Group“ since 2010.
- Pediatric spine deformity surgery – direct derotation and fusion using Mesa K2M system / ”surgeon to surgeon” training with dr Norberto Ventura Gomez from SJD Barcelona Children hospital, Catalonia, Spain.
- Pediatric spine deformity surgery –- Fusion with direct derotation using Zimmer-
Biomet Polaris system – ”surgeon to surgeon” training with prof Martin Repko from University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic
- Degenerative conditions of lumbar spine – combined transpedicular/TLIF fuison – ”surgeon to surgeon” training with Prof Martin Repko from University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic
- Cadaver courses in different aspects of spine surgery that were held in Vienna, Madrid, and Prague, including complex spinal osteotomies (SMA, PSO), interbody fusions PLIF/TLIF, etc.
License for the use of Orthokin therapy
Ask our expert: Dr Marko Aleksić