Orthopaedic and traumatology surgeon
Specific professional orientation:
- Cartilage transplantation using OATS system
- Stem cells
- Bioengineering in traumatology and orthopaedics
- Arthroscopic surgery of shoulder, knee, elbow and ankle surgery
- Ligamentoplasty, hip replacement, knee replacement
- Bioregenerative therapy
- Specialization in orthopaedic surgery and traumatology, 1991
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade
- Atlas General Hospital since 2015
- Department for sports traumatology at the Institute of orthopaedics and surgery “Banjica” in Belgrade since 1999
- Greek hospital Ygeia during 1999
- Specialist in orthopaedic surgery and traumatology at the Institute of orthopaedics and surgery “Banjica” in Belgrade, Orthopaedic department since 1991
- Assistant at the Institute of Anatomy and Orthopaedics
Place and duration of specialization and professional trainings abroad:
- After nostrification in Greece, he worked in Greek hospital Ygela until 1999. During that period, he attended numerous professional trainings in traumatology in many European countries.
- After coming back to Belgrade, he continued his work at the Institute of orthopaedics and traumatology “Banjica”, where he introduced a few operational techniques in traumatology and sports medicine.
- He was the first to introduce cartilage transplantation using OATS system in 2000.
- After that, he published several orthopaedic publications in the fields of sports medicine and traumatology.
- He improved arthroscopic surgery by organizing and leading the trainings in shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle surgery.
- In 2009 he introduced the transplantation of artifical knee cartilage with the help of colleagues from Switzerland.
- Since 2003 he has been the major researcher on the study “Evaluation of the Agili-C Biphasic Implant on cartilage regeneration and osteochondral defect” of CartiHeal company Ltd (2009), at the Institute of Orthopaedics and Surgery “Banjica” in Belgrade.
- He has joined the eminent team of doctors at the Atlas General Hospital in 2015.
Ask our expert: Dr Gordan Gavrilović