Spinal column surgery
Spinal column surgery – spinal surgery
Spinal column surgery solves the most complicated problems which affect the spine and the whole organism.
The spinal column is the basis of human body which enables people to walk upright.
The spinal column consists of vertebrae interspersed with discs which like shock-absorbers enable people to walk upright and to have the right body posture.
The spinal column is lined with muscles on the outer side, while inside the spinal column there is the canal where the spinal cord and nerves are situated.
The spinal column consists of three parts: cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral.
There are 3 types of processes on the spine which can be treated surgically:
Pathological changes which produce pressure on nerve structures (the spinal cord and nerve roots), instability of some parts of the spinal column or some other causes of pain which can be surgically treated.
In the center for treatment of spinal diseases and spinal column surgery all kinds of diagnostic procedures referring to the spine and spinal cord are used.
Endoskopic operation of the spine
The medical team of orthopaedic surgeons and neurosurgeons of the Atlas general hospital, has performed for the first time in Serbia a complete endoscopic operation of the spine deformity which is at the moment the most advanced way of surgical treatment in the world.
The following problems are successfully treated in our hospital:
- Spine deformities in children and adults *Scolioses, Hypercifoses, Congenital anomalies
- Degenerative diseases in children and adults *Discus hernia (minimally invasive intervention under microscope), *Spinal stenosis, *Deformities in adults which include adult scolioses and deformity de nuovo, *Spondylolisthesis, *Spondyloarthroses with myelophaty with or without neurological deficit
- Spinal column injuries (unstable fractures with or without neurological deficit)
- Tumors (surgical treatment of primary tumors from the spinal column as well as treatment of metastatic changes)
- Inflamatory processes on the spine
Experts: Center for spine surgery
Dr Dr Savić MilenkoNeurosurgeon specialist-spinal surgeon
Dr Ass. dr sci. med. Aleksić MarkoOrthopedic and traumatology surgeon
Dr Dr. Basara VojislavOrthopaedic and traumatology surgeon – spinal surgeon