Hand surgery is a branch of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Human hand is the most flexible mechanic system and its normal function is prerequisite for productive life of every individual.
Hand injuries are common in today’s industrialized world.
Hand surgery may be divided into:
Peripheral nerves surgery
- Compressive syndromes-carpal canal syndrome
- Guyon canal syndrome
- Cubital canal syndrome
- New and ols peripheral nerve injuries-nerve sutures
- Transpositions and nerve transplation.
Hand bones surgery
- Recent and old fractures
- Inadequate bone adhesion
- Hand and wrist dislocation
- Ligament injuries
- Recent and old flexor and extensor tendon injuries
- Hand tendon transplantatipn and transposition
- Surgical treatment of tendon layer
- De Quervain syndrome
- Benign tendon layer tumors
- Bone tumors
- Hand ganglion tumors
- Adipose tissue tumors
- Degenerative disease of hand and fingers connective tissue. Thickening and shortening of hand and fingers connective tissue,strips result in fingers contraction.
Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Occurs as a result of pressure on the median nerve in the carpal tunnel
Hand soft tissue defect surgery
- Local and regional grafts.
- Skin transplantation.
Degenerative hand disease
- Disease of small hand basal thumb joints, deformities caused by rheumatism or osteoarthritis.
Vascular hand injuries
- Combined with bigger joint injuries (blood vessels reconstruction, anasthomoses).
Search for additional info: Plastic surgery – Hand surgery
Experts: Cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive surgery
Dr Dr. Pajević LazarPlastic and reconstructive surgeon specialist Founder of the Atlas general hospital
Dr Dr. Urošević AleksandarPlastic and reconstructive surgeon specialist