Gynecological surgery uses methods and interventions for treating certain gynecological problems.
In cases when it is not possible to get the precise view of the uterus and coccyx by using ultrasound or X ray or by gynecological examination, gynecological interventions are performed.
Surgical interventions in gynecology enable patients to get precise and quick diagnosis.
In the Atlas general hospital, the most advanced surgical interventions in gynecology are performed:
- operations of benign vulva tumors, vagina, cervix, uterus and ovaries
- ovarian cysts
- ovarian tumors and conization
It is also possible to perform vulva, vagina and cervix biopsy.
In Atlas General Hospital experts perform classical and abdominal operations, making a cut on the stomach. But, following latest world trends we are much more orientated on minimally invasive surgery: endoscopic and vaginal. Thus it is guaranteed faster recovery and better aesthetic effect regarding abdominal surgery.
Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are operations after which you will fast come back to your daily activities. Time spent in hospital is much shorter regarding classical operations. Here aesthetic moment is very important because described interventions are performed with two or three very small cuts, up to 1 cm long.
With application of minimally invasive procedures it is possible to perform largest number of operations in gynecology (cystectomy, salpingectomy, adnexectomy, adhesiolysis, myomectomy, hysterectomy, correction of inborn anomalies, operations of endometriosis and other).
Vaginal surgery with urogynecology
Urinary incontinence is problem for many women over 40. Unfortunately, many women do not go to the specialist because of the shame or lack of information about the possibilities of the treatment. Fortunately, this problem can be solved with simple surgical procedures with high success rate.
Also, in most women in mature age, as a consequence of childbirth in most women we find pelvic organ prolapse and vaginal prolapse (bladder, uterus, colon). Quality of life is significantly impaired. This problem can also be solved surgically, through vagina without cuttings of stomach and thus it can be restored disbalance of pelvic organs but in the same time, aesthetic as well.
Types of vaginal procedures
- Treatment of stress incontinence –suburethral sling (involuntary discharge of urine incontinence during restrain – coughing, sneezing, change of body position, running).
- Treatment of pelvic organ prolapse and vagina walls.
- Prolapsed of bladder-front wall of vagina and lifting of bladder with mesh installation.
- Drop of the uterine cervix – cervical amputation or vaginal hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus through vagina) with or without adnexectomy (surgical removal of ovaries)
- Collapsed colon – back Spad debelog creva-zadnja plastika vagine ili podizanje debelog creva ugradnjom mrežice
- Podizanje međice-perineorafija
How is this procedure carried out?
Most surgical interventions in gynecology are laparascopic operations.
Surgical laparascopy is a minimally invasive surgical intervention during which the abdominal cavity and genital organs are examined through small incisions and pathological changes removed and corrected.
In most cases general anaesthesia is used and stay in hospital does not last more than one day.
At the Atlas general hospital,the following examinations for diagnosing and treating diseases of genital female organs can be performed:
- conventional examinations, bacteriological and mycotic cultures
- cervix colposcopy and PAP tests
- biopsies, cauterisations, laser interventions, radio waves and thermocauter interventions
- vaginal ultrasound- hormonal examinations, menstrual disorders and menopause-fertility problems, stimulation of ovulation, insemination-complete examination of pregnant women,ultrasound with color doppler, 4D ultrasound, high risk pregnancies, CTG, prenatal diagnostics of chromosome abnormalities (chorion biopsy, amniocentesis and cortosynthesis)
- By manual examination it is possible to get a full insight into the condition of genital female organs especially uterus, ovaries and the surrounding tissue.
- PAP test is used for early detection of cervical changes.
- Colposcopy is a microscopic examination of cervix surface and vulva which combined with PAP test can with great certainty (25%) detect changes on the cervix.
Abdominal or vaginal ultrasound is used to diagnose possible changes on the internal genital organs as well as to examine the anatomy of coccyx, uterus and ovaries. Thus, it is possible to diagnose ovarian and uterine tumors. Infertility causes, follicle measurements and inflammatory processes can also be followed by ultrasound.
Search for additional information: Gynecological surgery